Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Mexican Jambalaya Recipe

A few days ago, I was trying to avoid going to the grocery store, so I came up with this yummy recipe with what I had on hand in my pantry. It came out soooo good, that I decided I had to share it. Hope that you enjoy it =)

Mexican Jambalaya

4 cups of cooked rice (approx.)
Drizzle of Olive Oil
Cajun Seasoning (I use Tony Chachere's)
1 lb of Chicken Tenderloins (boneless, skinless), cut into bite size pieces
Chef Paul Prudhomme Sun-Dried Tomato Marinade (or something similar)
1 lb Frozen Onion Mix (onions, bell peppers, etc.)
1 4 oz can Diced Green Chilis
1 15oz can of Black Beans
1 10 oz can Red Enchilada Sauce, mild or hot ( I used Casa Fiesta)
1 8 oz Can Tomato Sauce

The first I did was marinate the Chicken Tenderloins in the Chef Paul Prudhomme Sun-Dried Tomato Marinade, for about 30 minutes (which, is my all time favorite marinade, by the way), and cooked my rice.


Then, over the stove in a large saucepan, season the Onion Mix with Cajun seasoning, and add a drizzle of olive oil, saute' for approx 5-10 minutes or until the onions are transparent.


Add and cook the Chicken until cooked through. Next, add the can of Diced Green Chilis & Black Beans (do not drain), and stir & cook for about 2-3 minutes. Then add the can of Enchilada Sauce & Tomato Sauce.



Let simmer uncovered for about 5-10 minutes, occasionally stirring. This is a good time to taste your sauce. It should already be a bit spicy from the Enchilada Sauce, but not would be the time for you to season to taste.

Now you can add your cooked rice and stir until everything is mixed together well. Cover your pot and turn off
heat. Let it sit for about 5 minutes, then serve, eat, and enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment